Sunday, July 14, 2019

14.07.19 Half marathon: 1.54.12

My first half marathon in about 5 years with the Sri Chimnoy people on the shores of Botany Bay. Wonderful clear morning but a chilly 8 degrees. I was hoping to get under 2 hours and thought it was possible but not certain. Started out aggressively - for an old bloke - trying to stay at 5.25 pace for a long as I could and hope that was a balance between not being too fast and not too slow.

Ran through halfway spot on 5.25 pace and then I knew it would be just a matter of time before the slow down came. And I waited ... and wait .... and waited with 4 k to go it was so marginal to then and thought with just 4k to go it might huge but at least only brief.

It didn't really come. Finished with a 1.54.12 and over all 5.27 pace so I only lost and 20 - 30 seconds on the second half. Pleased with the result.

No comments: