Tuesday, July 02, 2019

02.07.19 Update pre Gold Coast Marathon

I have had few weeks of running a marathon but at least by my standards I have had good block of training. Focused on shorter sessions but much higher intensity. 

So for instance in the last 3 weeks my 5k time has come down from the high 29's to the low 26's and even one in just over 25. That gets me down to about 5.15 pace on average and I can manage that but not much quicker at the moment. 

Today I had a solid session in the taper for a marathon on Friday and Sunday. I really should not run the marathon on Friday but it around the Bay my daily run a few hundred metres from home. It will be as gentle as a marathon can be trying not to do too much damage for Sunday. 

The lap of the Bay at 5.19 per k pace and quickest in many months. 


Then a set of 3 Yassos (run 800m and the time indicates the marathon time - just call the minutes/seconds to hours/minutes) BUT you must have all of the endurance training etc. In my experience provided all the base training has been done it is an accurate predictor. But you also need to run a a correctly paces marathon.

Each were indicating the best marathon time i could run is 4.05. That probably means I might scrape in with about 4.15. The prediction is there so lets see what happens with a lot depending on how much damage I do to Sunday's marathon at the Gold Coast.

No comments: