Saturday, July 20, 2013

Another Sunday approaching and another marathons to run

The week was steady for training out a few days with about 60k or running including 14k this morning. I am 'training through' all of the marathons until the end of August. That is no taper and I will run them on tired legs. I am building up for some ultra's later in the year and I need to keep the base building training going.

I cannot afford to ease off between marathons as the base will just not get built and I cannot rely on the marathon run each week. I know that the times for the marathons I run will be slow but I accept that because my main focus is the base for the ultra's. Still I hope to keep them just under 4 hours with even splits.

It is difficult to have Monday/Tuesday off and then try and knock out a couple of 14k runs and at least one 20k run and maybe a 10k in the days left. They are not quick, all being around the 5.30 per k pace but that is hard enough

Hunter Valley marathon is the 3rd in 3 weeks. .It is a double loop with a short but steep hill near the start of the loop and a very long gradual incline in the back end of the loop which can get you to walk if you give in mentally. Hopefully that does not happen and I run the whole way and just sneak in with a 3.59 again. But if it drifts out to 4.15 I will not be surprised or disappointed.

No comments: