Thursday, February 28, 2013

Post op update

Just 43 days to the Canberra marathon - fingers crossed a I can recover and be fit enough to give myself a chance of finishing before the official cut off of 6 1/2 hours. Only time will tell.

I do not intend to rush the return to running just because of a race - there will be other years but it will give me a focus. Also I do not want to start if there is a chance of a DNF - never had one in a marathon and do not intend to start with this one.

The actual op was breeze  - they knock you out and wheel you into the operating theatre. The bitch is the post op recovery. Tubes coming out of you from parts even you mother wouldn't go near, laying in bed and not being able get out for a few days and just how often can you read CR when almost all of the post are about the 6ft track race on Saturday. Clearly not running it and so have little interest in the threads.

Last night after the op was  I think the longest and worst night I have ever had. Pain and just unable to sleep with the tubes - but I made it through.  Things have improved a lot today and I am much more comfortable.

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Hope the recovery goes well Ray - also to see you finishing in Canberra.

Jon in Tokyo said...

Good luck. Recover quickly.

Jon in Tokyo said...

Good luck. Recover quickly.