Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dawn to Dusk marathon: Caboolture Historical Village

I am at Brisbane Airport waiting for the flight back to Sydney. Finished very comfortably in 4.58 which was slightly slower than predicted but in all of the circumstances it was fine. Things against ' a time' are it starts at 6pm which means that you have all of the day, I travelled up in the morning, had lunch with my son in Brisbane - so it was a full day before I got to the start line.

A 10k run I the morning would not help but I knew that. Add a late night at the ofice Friday at the end of a busy and stressful week .... And you can't expect to run quickly.

I enjoyed the last few laps of the 500m track as I knew it would be my last marathon for a couple of months and I ran in the moment. Training will continue although the operation and recovery will interrupt preparation for the. Next marathon whenever that will be.

No comments: