Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Wednesday and the usual Bay run

As I say often it Wednesday and so it is the usual lap of the Bay with the usual suspects. 

It was very humid this morning but still very pleasant. As usual JD, Rach and I all had reasons why it was going to slow etc but after starting all that trash talk was forgotten and some solid running done. I trailed JD the whole way. He was just way too strong. Rach decided to turned back at 3k for a 6k total. 

At 31.20 a lot slower than last week but way harder.

Mentally I seem to have sunk very low and negative about GNW and my chances if finishing. That should not be as I have been injury free since April - since then no, zip, zero twinge or anything that prevented me from running training. I should be positive and confident but I am not. But I am mentally fatigued from some very stressful cases that have been occupying a lot of time and mentally very draining.

I can't do anything about the past and can only deal with the next few days. I need to rest mentally and physically and start picturing me running along Pataonga Beach Sunday afternoon and embed that in my mind so when things get tough on the weekend that will drive me on. The rest maybe a short walk and some stretching - so not a complete shutdown. 

I guess a case of getting the mind to where the body is. 

No comments: