Monday, November 05, 2012

Carcoar Marathon # 150 and 4.26

Number # 150 done !!! I can clearly remember my first and second as they were such epics run with no knowledge of what was required to prepare and no widely if any available material. That was 1982. Others I remember, my first sub 3, the sub 3 at Gold Coast when I was 58 and bits and pieces of many others. 

The travel and friends I have made will remain with me more vividly. In particular the trips to country NSW with Blue Dog, Bernie and Seris. Those weekends were a ball start to finish. Unfortunately there were none this year, maybe next year ..... 

Travelled up over the mountains early on Saturday and spent most of the afternoon around Cowra. My wife has a connection with it and she had not visited it before.


The time of 4.26 or so was a bit disappointing compared to last year but I did had a plan that I stuck to and time was not important:
  • to leave plenty out there on the course and save something for the GNW 100 miler next week;
  • get in some practice of walking the hills and I did that on most of them.
I was slowed a bit by getting a bruised heel early on and having to deal with that. I am not sure why but I did try some trail shoes I have not run in often. Perhaps they are not cushioned enough. I don't think they will be used next week. I feel okay today with no real stiffness but will need to take it easy this week. Just the lap of the Bay on Wednesday and maybe that will do it until Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Congratulations Ray. That's a lot of marathons! Good luck with GNW - hope it goes well.

Bernadette Gregory said...

Eagle, Blue Dog and I were only talking about some goal setting for 2013. We need to get the band back together and enjoy some great weekends away running again.