Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Wednesday'slap of the Bay @ 4.34

None of the usual's present so a solo run. Held it firm for the last long run before Saturday.

I have high hopes of going 64k+ and my real aim is 70k. It will be start out hard and continue for a long as I can. I will not be left wondering. I will either reach the target or blow up in the attempt. If a blow up happens I will be disappointed but not shattered. It's a huge effort of just over 5 minute k's for 6 hours. I don't think I should focus on that number too much as it intimidates me.

However I am reading the just published book by Scott Jurek winner of Western States 7 times in a row. A great read an just what I need at the moment. I cannot do any more training that will help but I need all the mental power I can muster. He writes a lot about that aspect of running. 


1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good luck Ray. 70k would be impressive. Read a Scott Jurek article Jen linked to & the mental aspect featured highly.