Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Update

There was no run on Saturday because it was just so so wet. Anyway I rationalised that an extra rest day was good. 

Since Saturday I have limited my training to just one hard lap of the Bay of 7k. I am just working on sharpening for a 6 hour race. Anything longer and I would go slower and my pace in the race is as close to 5 minute k's for as long as I can hold it. So no use training slower than that and 1k reps would be too quick with the increased risk of injury so I have settled on the old reliable lap. 

Pace has been held by me at about 4.45 per k with a bit of a blast this morning at 4.30 pace. The usual lap with JD tomorrow and then a couple of days taper but still some running. I think 4k on Thursday and 2k on Friday.

Eating and drinking plan for Saturday set. Crew for the 6 hours set (read the lovely wife). She says it will be a change from waving goodbye and coming back 3 odd hours later to see the last 50 meters. 

1 comment:

Prof said...

Wont be joining you in the morning Ray....although I have had a couple of gentle laps this week and whilst tight, I'm coming good. Look out in a couple of weeks!