Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mcleay River Marathon : 3.34.50

A great morning for running at South West Rocks on Sunday morning for the start of the marathon. 
Heavy cloud cover that stayed for the whole run. No rain and no breeze. 

I was not sure what time I could or would run. I got to halfway in about 1.46 and that was very firm so I thought the seconds half meltdown was not far off. However the k's just kept clicking over at just about 5.05 pace and the further I went the harder it was to maintain the pace but I was also get closer to the finish.

Second half was about 1.49 so I held on okay. The hammy gave no problems. I have not been down to that time for a while and so am pleased as I have done no training over 21k's for months. Age win by about 40  minutes.

That time gives me some confidence for the 6 hour track. Some short quick stuff between no an then should get me sharpened. I don't think any other type of training in the next 10 days will help. 

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Great time Ray. Well done!

TokyoRacer said...

Nice race. Glad you are back running well and pain-free, and thanks for your comments.