Friday, June 01, 2012

Start of winter : start of blogging again

Yep I have been missing for a while. Various reasons like, I needed a break from blogging, and injury when I stopped blogging, very busy at work (being a lawyer) and at the College of Law (teaching others how to become better family lawyers) and ..... lets leave it there.

However I have still been training and running but no races since the Canberra Marathon in April. I started it off with an injured hammy and made it to 30k feeling bullet proof and then had to use a lot of experience to finish. Needles to say that made the injury much worse and took longer to recover. But that is all history now.

Tomorrow I am off the run a marathon in the bush about a 4 hour drive west of Sydney in the deep bush. It is the first time the event has been held. There are some wild guesses at the time it will take to finish. My guess something between 5/6 hours. The scenery is said to be stunning so I will be going slow enough to enjoy it.

It is so remote that we need to camp at the start in what is expected to be very cold overnight. So some tenting and a real opportunity to bond with nature.

I sit here after a steady day in the office it is cold and dark in Sydney as we are just 3 weeks off the shortest day. I am not sure if I am looking forward to a night in the bush and then a marathon. I guess I should harden up and embrace the experience. I will report back on Monday.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Good to hear from you Ray. Shame about the hammy affecting Canberra. Doesn't look like a good night to be camping out - hope the rain clears for the marathon tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Still waiting for the report ray! (hope all is well...) Good to have you back....and I'll hopefully be back next Wed morning too. Prof