Sunday, January 29, 2012

Convicts & Wenches marathon

Thursday was Australia Day and I travelled to Brisbane to run a marathon on Australia Day.

It was just over 22 degrees Celsius for the 5.00am start and high humidity. It never got any better. I nice course with a 2.2k out and back to start and then 4 x 10 loops. I thought it would be as boring as hell but it was okay. This was never intended to be more that a very solid training run with no taper and running very much within my fitness.

With all of that I thought just under 4 hours would be fine. I finished in 3.53 and was fairly even in pace taking into account the rising heat and humidity in the last half. They were slower but not by much compared to the first half. 

It very much went to plan. I did not run on Friday and Saturday and had nice steady 14k this morning. I will start back into training Tuesday at the latest.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Good celebration of Australia Day Ray. Nice going with the interval training too. Fast times.

TokyoRacer said...

5:30 per k for 42k is a pretty good training run. Keep up the good work.