Tuesday, January 24, 2012

One tough session: 6 x 1.5k

The short quick sessions are getting longer and I am being asked to hold a tough pace longer. In the past I have not done these sessions because quite frankly they hurt and are uncomfortable and have gone the soft option and continued to run long daily. It is my belief that if I do not do some sessions like this I will not have the chance to get close to some 3.30 marathons this year.

So I  HTFU and did this session.

The suggested pace was 4.20 per k and on the warm up run as usual this seemed like an impossibility for 1 let alone 6 of the little suckers. 

I managed all 6 in the 4.10 - 4.14 pace range. I am glad that session was done and no broken body or mind. A recovery session of 14k tomorrow is planed ignoring the marathon on the next day. 

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Good session Ray. I'll forgive the language. By the way, nice pic of you in the latest R4YL.