Sunday, January 01, 2012

Sunday: Long Run @ 5.31

At the moment this is a serious long run of 2 laps over all of the hills I can find around the Bay. Each lap is about 13.8k and I usually do one then a flat lap of the Bay for 21/22k. I can't recall the last time I did a double lap if at all.

The aim was to run about 5.30 average with laps about the same time. I did that with laps of 75.40 and 76.29 and off course the second one was in the rising heat. 

Nice first full week of focused training with a total of 127k which is about the right total. Apart from the two speed sessions all the other running was at slightly better than 5.30 pace. At least another 2 weeks at these paces before considering if the intensity should be increased slightly for all sessions. 

Next week will be a bit unstructured as I am away near Byron Bay and so the routine is not as set. 

No comments: