Sunday, January 22, 2012

SMC Marathon and the recovery week

Last Sunday I ran the first SMC Marathon as the 4.20 sweeper. It was steady all the way in pleasant overcast conditions. The first half was just on 2.08 and I finished in about 4.22 as I slowed down over the last 10k to help a young girl who was struggling to get to the finish line under the cut off. She just missed.

I took the next few days off and started running on Wednesday evening.

They were just runs to turn over the legs for recovery but by Friday I felt okay and so did the killer session of 8 x 1k. It looked liked it was going to be finished early with a 4.08 first one and it felt like that was pushed. I then HTFU and ran the rest in 3.55 - 3.58 range. 

A recovery week with 75k's of training logged.

A marathon next Thursday for Australia Day in Brisbane. I will again train up to it and run it firm but conservative so that I can restart training within a few days. If I can get just under 4 hours that will be fine. 

No comments: