Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Just Perfect : LKL 59.11 @ 4.33

A cold but perfect day around the Bay both for the weather and the run.

Early
there was no wind and it was dry. There were no clouds and the eastern
sky was just starting to become light as I started my run and then grew
lighter and then into orange and pink as I warmed up and the morning
warmed up.

I was hoping for a quick time. The knee area is still causing some discomfort but with a reductions in k's
over the last few weeks and some complete rest days it is improving.
Today was the fastest since early June and 10 minutes faster than I was
running a week or so ago. Can't complain about coming good in the few
days before the marathon.

The lack of some long runs is a problem for a good time at the marathon. I suppose in all of the circumstances
I would be pleased to finish in the 3.10 - 3.15 range and very happy to
go under 3.10 again. I will probably blow out to 3.25 !!!

Now to start the eating plan for the marathon. Almost all the marathoners will be on the carbo loading plan I will be doing the opposite and trying to turn my body onto fat burning so it is less carbs and more protein and fats. Unusual yes but it works for me.

4 comments:

Aunty said...

Love that nutrition plan... it has worked for me many times :)

BTW - u will have no problems on Sunday as i've seen too many times before.

K

Clairie said...

mmm very interesting on the diet front. I often wonder at the benefit of carbs but no doubt will have lots more time to experiment in races to come.

Good to hear the knee is improving.

Tesso said...

I'm thinking of not bothering with the carb loading also. I like the 'fats' component, to me that means chocolate :-)

Rob said...

I can't imagine you blowing out. I reckon GC will be another excellent run for you.

I probably just eat anything I can lay my hands on.