Sunday, June 17, 2007

2 x LKL : 26k

I thought I would be battling wet weather this morning but while I was out it was overcast but dry. The time for today was not important and I am glad they were not relevant as they were SLOW but faster than I have run all week.

So the recovery is occurring. The k's for the week were 78 which is the same as the week before the marathon. It is a bit further than I usually manage and I suspect that is because of all of the k's done in the weeks before.

Now need to set my mind on the Gold Coast marathon with just 2 weeks to go. I guess I will run long and firm this week (Sydney weather permitting) and start to ease off the following week.

My left knee area continues to be a significant problem. I am not sure what it is - sometimes it feels like a stress fracture but get better as I warm up and so that would seem to indicate it not be a SF. Itcertainly is getting no better and I am not sure if my slow speed this week is the injury or post marathon recovery. It is probably a bit of both. For the moment it will be training as usual but with an annoying and very ungainly hobble to start.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Take care of yourself Eagle. Looking forward to cheering for you again at GCM

Ewen said...

I hope the next couple of weeks go well Ray. Look after the knee.

You're in good shape. Something more than the 'Eagle 3 day' taper might help with the sub-3.

sook54 said...

Now that I'm back in Sydney I'll be doing the bay once or twice a week - I will keep an eye out for you. Just at newbie and a slowie (at 52) but inspired by your fitness and dedication! I'm sook54 on CR.