Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Mixed bag :

I hope to run the Gold Caost in 3:15 as the best hoped for time and 3:30 as the expected time. A 3:15 marathon is 4:36 k pace so I thought I would do a run at about that pace to get a feel for it and mixed in with a couple of fast ks.

Ran the first 3ks of the Bay run in 13:30 which was just a bit faster than pace. Jog for 1k to the 4k marker and then a firm k to the end - had 4:10 up and back with a rest in between. Joj back to the 3k marker and another 3k this time in 13:22 - I di dwant the second 3k to be faster than the first which was the case.

Not sure with that session what my expected time will be but maybe closer to 3:15 than 3:30. I would like to judge it as close as I can as I want to run even splits or as I suspect I may negative split by running well within my fitness in the first half - unless my injury causes a second half slow down.

2 comments:

silverfox said...

Ray

it was great to see you out and about this morning, but sorry I couldnt stop for a chat. I still hope to catch up with you this week, your schedule permitting.

Nick

miners said...

All the best for your goals up there at GC Ray. Look forward to catching up with you again