Sunday, June 26, 2005

Back to the Monday course : 51.08

Back to the same course that I ran on Monday and Thursday- I didn't want a longish run as I am supposed to be in a taper for the Gold Coast marathon but I am not really doing a taper because I have no high ks to taper from!! So I am just doing short runs trying to increase the speed up to something that is respectable.

So pushed very firm for the whole 12ks but always below a near max effort. Managed a 5 minute improvement from Thursday's effort without any apparent increase in effort or adverse affect on the injury. Just on 4:15 k pace which is great but certainly could not hold it for much longer. So my injury has (as expected) reduced my speed and the ability to hold it over a great distance. Pleased with the result as any improvement is gladly welcomed.

No comments: