Friday, April 29, 2005

Not so easy cruise

Needed to benchmark (like that type of talk) my recovery by doing a 5 k easy time trial. Finished on 26 minutes - was expecting 25 - when I first looked at my watch I was at the 2 k marker in 11 minutes (the sunrise was not that pleasant) so moved up to finish the last 3 ks in 15 minutes. Nothing flash but just some easy recovery and working out the injury. Should be right in a few days.

Might do a short but intense 5 weeks preparation for the McLeay Marathon on the 12 June. Now convinced that part of the problem was Canberra was that I prepared too intensley too soon and so peaked too soon and could not hold it for long enough. So will not consider chanhing the daily programm but when to start the intensity. Thanks Mr G for your thoughts - they were appreciated and it goes to show it is not an endless rise in fitness and performance - rest periods must be scheduled in for improvement to happen.

No comments: