Friday, August 21, 2015

Week in review and Mudgee Marathon

The week as regards running has gone well. I ran as usual on Wednesday, Thursday and this morning. I do the same runs each week (I know boring but ...) and the times have been coming down over the weeks although the perceived effort is the same.

Today was my just under 14k loop that has plenty of hills in the back half. Go out too fast and suffer badly no the run home. Anyway 2 weeks ago i ran this loop in 94 and today 81. Huge improvement and pleased that fitness is returning. Today I felt okay running this quickly whereas over the last few weeks just running at a much slower pace was a real struggle.

Mudgee on Sunday. No chance and no hope of getting under 4 hours. So in the first time ever in this event not a 3 something finish. Weather seems as if it will be runner friendly. Hoping to be comfortably under 5 hours

No comments: