Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Mudgee 4.20 and Sunshine Coast 4.09

I seemed to have missed reporting on Mudgee due to a hectic week with clients and Court appearances. It was overcast and wet and my time continued the steady improvement since the operation. 

Last Sunday I was at the Sunshine Coast and ran this marathon for the first time. An out and back section and then 3 loops with each one returning to the start/finish line. I have no issues with that set up or any other really. 42.195k is that distance no matter how it is structured. It was pleasant to have turn arounds and see the field before and behind a few times. Also the crowd and cheering is confined to a smaller distance and there was plenty of support.

Started of behind Mark the 4 hour pacer and told him before the start I would hold on as long as I could. That is how it worked out. 

My 5k splits until 25k were all 28.xx and I was feeling okay but knew that was my limited and the last 15k would be a matter of holding on and not slowing too much. I felt the slow down and sure it enough the times started to show the slowing as Mark cruised away and his balloons getting smaller and smaller.

The slow down could have been much worse with the final 3 x 5k splits being 30.51, 30.35 and 31.33. So the sun 4 hours that was never likely evaporated with the 3 minute or so blow out in each 5k.

Still I cannot complain as it was my 7th marathon post op and 6 in 6 weeks. 

Dubbo next week. It is a tough course and the weather can be hot so I maybe lucky to better 4.09.

No comments: