Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Glenbrook Marathon # 207 : 5.33

What a great morning for running with a great course with forever changing scenery. Always challenging whether it was on the narrow winding technical sections in shaded rainforest deep in the valleys or the exposed hot dry sections that were also technical to the long up hill inclines and off course downhills on the dirt roads through the National Park.

Yes it is all within a National Park about 50 minute drive from Sydney central in the very lower lower Blue Mountains.

It was very chilly at the start but that was soon forgotten as the hard steep uphill climb commences within a k or so of the start. It is a congo line up the winding track that cartooning gets you warm quickly and quite breathless.

I ran almost the whole by myself and was happy with that. I was very happy to be in the moment and take into account the surroundings and not be distracted by conversation or music. Amazing how quickly 5 odd hours can go. 

My aims were under 6 hours and to run all the way including the long inclines. Achieved both so I was pleased as it goes well for my plan to start GH 100 miler in a few weeks. I do not need to be quick but to be able to stay moving forward to 27 odd hours anon longer than the cut off of 30 hours. 

Next weekend Mudgee. One of my favourites. I was there for the first one in 2001 and have run 12 before this one. All have been under 4 hours. I doubt that will happen this weekend bit I might just start out at 4 hour pace and wait for the crash and burn slow down. Still If I am expecting it I will not be supervised when it happens or the slow time. 

No comments: