Monday, October 28, 2013

Pre Carcoar Marathon & GNW 100 miler

Next Sunday is marathon # 19 for the year and over # 170.
 
On reflection this has been a great year for my running (medical issues are another issue and still continuing - the journey is not over yest but we are coming to a major intersection this Thursday). I have not had an injury all year that has prevented me from training almost daily.
 
I have run three marathons in the 3.30's and that has not happened for 3/4 years although I have not checked. Ran 9 marathons in 8 weeks in July/August and just ran 4 in 4 weeks and sandwiched in between a finish in GH 100 miler.  A very satisfying year so far and as regards running not quite over yet
 
The week after this marathon the GNW 100 miler. I have managed 4 training runs on the course and I have never managed that before. I am as fit as I have been for a long while and while not doing any training on trails i have run a few marathons on trails and have been training on hills and stairs and I have not done that before. So am as prepared as best as I could have over the last 4 months.
 
That means I should better my best at  Carcoar of 4.02 run in 2011. If I don't it will be because of bad race plan on the day not fitness. Anyway whatever happens on the day will happen.
 
Meanwhile still some running to be done this week. Trying to taper for this marathon and balance that with continuing the GNW training although that must have a taper soon as well.

No comments: