Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Western Sydney Marathon: 4.06.01

We did not get the 3.59 but Karin gave it her all in the last lap and a half but we just lost that 6 minutes over the last 10/12k. The result was fine as she has run 3 marathons in 3 weeks with just one day recovery and then back into hard training and no taper. It was still a 16 minutes seasons best.

I ran steady with her the whole way and was comfortable.

I did not run Sunday but was back into sub 5 minute k's with runs of 19k, 19k and 24k. Nothing is broken at the moment and both the mind and body are holding up well but I am becoming mentally fatigued and find it difficult to run each morning but I know I have to if I am any chance of finishing GNW. I know then pleasure of running along Patonga beach for the finish will not come easy for me at my age. I just have to put in the training that is both quantity and quality. I just hope it all pays of f in a few weeks on a Sunday afternoon.

No comments: