Monday, March 14, 2011

Yes an update

Only 26 days tot he Canberra marathon and the preparation has been stalled for 2 weeks just at the time the training should be reaching its peak. A missed opportunity for a good time it will all be about a steady run to be under 4.

That is positive as I believe will recover fully but with just enough time to get back into running injury free but with no marathon training. Ah the challenges we face running marathons.


Physio on Friday confirmed the small tear was well on the way to recovery but there was a lot of scar tissue to be broken up and flushed away. We thought there was probably some still from the same problem in late November. Some serious massage, exercises and dry needles on the day. No running and back on Tuesday which should see a repeat of the treatment and then back into some very short runs and very relaxed pace.


Whatever it will be a pleasure to be back moving again.


SMC 30k on Sunday. I will not be even thinking about covering that distance then, I will probably go out for the 10k. In the 10 years that I have been going out there I have never run anything less the the long run except a couple of times I did a 5k with my kids when they were 12/14 years old.

1 comment:

Superflake said...

Great to hear the tear is healing albeit slowly. I'm sure you will run a bit quicker at Canberra than sub 4 with all the ks in your legs over the years.