Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday: Easy 14k and the start of some base building

I have been in Hong Kong for a week and did no running but a lot of walking.

Today was just a very steady 14k at just below 6 minute k's. I know not very quick but this is all about slowly building a solid base for he rest of the year. But I know that in a week or so the pace will be much closer to 5 minute per k. It just takes this old body a while to get moving.

I hope to slowly increase the distance and the pace. Also I would like to try and run daily with the rest days being active rest - a solid distance but at a slower pace.

I was going to travel to Brisbane on Wednesday to run a marathon but I am just not ready to do one and not put my training back. It could be done but at a price in the time taken to recover and get back into solid training. I have decided to respect my body and not start.

1 comment:

Rell said...

Hi Eagle!
I still remember your words when I met you nearly 2 years ago..."Respect your body" and it's so good to see you're listening to your own advice on this one.
Good luck with the base building phase, and I'm looking forward to seeing you at Melbourne in October this year. I'm also respecting my body and giving it 12months to prepare for my 2nd marathon :)
Cheers,
Rell