Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Australia Day : 18k @ 5.45 pace : 1.40.09

Despite it being a public holiday I was still out early in the 'sauna' type conditions that exist at the moment. I am still just content to build a base by some steady but solid running. That is pushing hard for the whole run but also trying to maintain the same pace over the whole run.
To run the same total time but have it very quick at the start and very slow at the end does not achieve the same result as steady all the way at a 'firm' pace. That is a pace that is a quick as you can go but is able to be maintained for the whole run.
Over time this pace will get faster as the body adapts. Maybe that is shown to be correct as I ran the same course on Monday in 1.44.37. However if there are no easy days in between there may not be a steady improvement like that over a day or so. At the moment I am in total overload. That is each day is run as hard as I can and I believe I can do that for the moment with the years of running I have in my legs. As the speed gets quicker I will have to incorporate some easy days so the hard days are higher quality.
At the moment it is just about increasing the distance with a firm pace daily.

No comments: