Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The usual Wednesday Bay run with JD

Last week I said to JD I would run with this morning to try and resume of usual Wednesday firm lap of the Bay. I have recovered well from the marathon but I had my doubts if it would be other than something to gently stretch the muscles.

That plan was confirmed as I ran across Iron Cove Bridge to our meeting spot feeling less that fluid. We were joined by the Professor who is making a welcome comeback. But his presence meant that easy was going to be more than likely quickish and rather painful. There was the usual '... yeah we will take it maybe 5.30's will be fine...' get the drift. I am not sure if any of us believed a word being said.

We started off with all being hesitant to set a pace but soon the Proff eased in front and seemed to be keeping a realistic and steady pace. I glanced at the Garmin and couple of times and thought it was telling we were at about 4.30 pace. I was just waiting for the other 2 to cruise off into the distance.

Surprisingly a 31.30 lap for about 4.30 pace and 30 seconds faster than last week.

I am off to Melbourne later today for some work and the marathon on Sunday. Again this is not a focus run by any means. I will just train through and will aim to finish just under 4 hours with even splits.

1 comment:

Professor said...

I enjoyed the run Ray, and it was good to get back to the "Wednesday hot lap". After GNW, we're going sub 30 again ok?