Sunday, June 22, 2008

Last few days

Wednesday
A right ankle that did not feel right and so I didn't run.

Thursday
Tried a Bay run and the ankle was better but still an issue that was reflected in a 30.25 lap. I was just too hesitant to start with and through the whole lap. Stopped the session after that and did some stretches and went home early. Went to Melbourne in the afternoon to give and evening lecture.

Friday
Four laps of the Tan on a very pleasant morning in Melbourne. I haven't run the Tan for a while and it was a pleasure to renew the challenge with the Anderson Street hill.

Saturday
A 10k pacing duty around the Bay with one of my favourite CR's. The ankle was better but not right. Then a wine tasting in the evening. For me it was a night of watching the wine tasting !!

Sunday
BIRTHDAY !!!!

Usually I run but this morning I decided the ankle should be rested and so I slept in. I had a pleasant day with the family. Let's not dwell on another year being added to the age. I feel 59 young
.

5 comments:

Tesso said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAY!!!

Looking forward to catching up in a couple of weeks at the Goldy.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ray, Hope you had a great day, and I'm sure that something big in a couple of weeks time on the Coast will make a great belated present. Good luck with the prep!

Prof

Jen said...

Happy birthday Ray. My very best wishes to you for the coming year!

Horrie said...

T'was good to catch up with you and one of our favourite CRs on Saturday Eagle. Happy birthday for Sunday. Hope the ankle behaves itself for the GC Marathon.

steven trevaskis (aka Travy) said...

happy birthday