Sunday, August 12, 2007

LKL 65.47 : LKL 61.14 : Hill 27.43

It was tough getting up for a 5.00am start after a late night for Mum's 79th Birthday celebration.

This was the hardest session of the week. Despite the late night and a very big week of k's I felt like having a session that pushed me to the limit and my aerobic capacity. Started off with 13k just over 5 minutes per k and at the end I felt fresh and so pushed hard on the second loop to be about 4.42 pace and then the hills in 4.36.

I wanted the second LKL and the hill to be the fastest of the week. Not that speed was the objective but to gain the strength to be able to run longer and hills and to just maintain or increase the speed. That is as Lydiard would suggest to have then ability to maintain a good pace endlessly. I am not sure I have that but it is coming and that has been the purpose of the big k's this week and what will continue until Glasshouse with just a slight easing for a half marathon next week and a marathon the week after.

I have been surprised how well I have managed this week. I was fatigued early in the week but that disappeared and never came back. Also I had no muscle soreness at all during the week.

There were no easy days just hard + long or hard + not so long. All up 163k's for the week and I feel great !!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Great week of training Eagle. Lydiard seems to be onto something ;-) I'm certain the results will follow for you

Anth said...

Eagle,

It seems like you just keep on pushing yourself harder and harder each and every week. I'm constantly amazed at the level that you keep training at and your consistency and dedication to it.

What's your goal time for Mudgee?

cheers,
Anth