Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday update

Well the case settled late last night !!! but after almost all of the preparation for today's hearing and so most of the costs were incurred that could have been avoided had the other side looked at the amount of the claim that their client could expect to receive and the costs involved.
 
I have my suspicions that the whole of the money being paid by us will go on the other parties legal fees. A result like that does nothing to enhance the public's perception of lawyers and fees.
 
Since last week I have continued to run almost daily but no more that 10/12k's. Still pass blood after the run but no other issues.
 
On Monday ran a 10k TT at the Bay. A nice steady 61 minutes and by my calculations would give a just under a 5 hour marathon. With just 24 days to go that is not going to happen because I have no endurance to run that time. With an 3 month endurance base that would be possible but with just 10 days of light running in 4 weeks there is NO endurance base.
 
The last two pre dawn mornings at the Bay have been cool. You can feel autumn on some days is with us. Tomorrow is Wednesday and I will be at the Rowers at 6 am for a chat with JD. I saw him yesterday and said I would be there but I have no intention of running with him. Late last week I ran the Bay twice both in about 42 minutes - he will run 31.xx so we will have a chat and he can stride off into the distance.

1 comment:

Gadfly said...

Great to see you out running Eagle, and looking good despite your recent (and continuing)adventure. Hope it heals well soon and you can get back into it with full effort. Mind you....having you 'at the back' like my speed.....maybe I should hope it stays like it a little longer and plans some runs with you (although I still think you're faster than me!). No - wishing you a full, speedy recovery.