Sunday, April 06, 2008

Weeks report : 06.04.08

A week to go and about this time next week I hope to be past 30k and pushing on for a strong finish. At the moment I have no idea about about a race plan and the time I will aim for. I believe I am as fit as I was last year so I will just give the race plan some thought.

It was a taper week where the k's dropped back to 93 for the week

I mostly ran a single loop with 2 days off. As should be the case the time of each loop should have been getting quicker as the affects of the taper started to have an affect. In fact that was the case :

Friday : 56.26
Saturday : 56.05
Sunday : 55.31 @ 4.17 pace

Also on Saturday afternoon I ran 8k cross country and a hilly course at 4.07 pace.

Next weeks the k's will come down to about 60 or less with no run over 10k but some shorter stuff to further sharpen the speed end of the preparation.

2 comments:

Superflake said...

That run this morning is great pace Ray. I think the sub 3hr should come again next week. To me you are faster than last year at this time. See you in the capital.

Tesso said...

I agree with Flakey!

Looking forward to catching up next weekend. Happy tapering :)