Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back in Sydney and 2 loops

Arrived back in Sydney late last night to much colder weather than I left a short while before at the Gold Coast airport.

Despite absolutely trashing myself running while away I decided to do my usual 2 loops and see where I was at compared to when I ran it previously. The last time it was run was on 27 March just as the Canberra marathon taper was starting and was a second or two under 2 hours. I expected with the trashed legs I would be slower.

First lap in 59.09 which was promising. I was pushing the second lap but felt I was labouring and thought a 65 lap was likely. Got back in 59.56 for a 1.59.05 and almost a minute faster than my previous best.

A surprising result and that gives me great confidence for being able to hold a good pace in the next 2 marathons. I feel as I am in a better position compared to this time last year and may improve some more with some more solid base building with some more high weekly k's.

No comments: