Sunday, April 27, 2008

Post marathon recovery week

A week since the Brisbane Marathon and it seems much longer.

I was back in Sydney for 3 days before flying to the Gold Coast and then driving the hour down to the hills above Byron Bay. On Thursday the morning was just perfect and so I had a little 14k cruise and felt wonderful. 


Each morning has been glorious and so I have run and have managed about 22/25k at a solid pace. Not what I would normally do in the week following a marathon but I just could not resist the perfect weather and the change of scenery to rolling hills in lush green forests. 


All up just under 100k for the week.



The afternoons have been taken up with some farm work - clearing off some unwanted growth, picking macadamia nuts and looking after the goats. All that contributes to a very early and restful sleep. Not sure I am looking forward to returning on the last plane out of the Gold Coast airport on Monday.

No comments: