Monday, October 22, 2007

Update on Monday 22 October

Not much running since the marathon. The right calf was strained and I did not run for 5 days in fact walking was a problem. Did manage some slow Bay walks over the weekend and some very slow jogging on Sunday afternoon. It has taken almost a week for the pain to cease but I suspect it will now mend quite quickly. I will ease back into some running during the week with always the only goal to get to the start line of GNW as fit and injury free as possible.

I suspect there will be no more serious training between now and the race with everything focused on recovery from the injury. I suppose that is fine as I needed a mini break and mentally I should be able to handle the much reduced running and justify it by convincing myself the benefits of the rest will show on race day or more than likely on the second day of the race!!!

6 comments:

Samurai Running said...

While you seem pretty much built for action a little inaction couldn't hurt.

Hope you don't get too antsy.

Superflake said...

Hope the calf repairs ok so you don't have too much trouble at GNW.

Unknown said...

Easy does it, Ray! This short time off is just what your body needed in order to do what you want it to do at GNW! Trust me!

sook54 said...

good luck with the GNW and sorry we won't see you at the CR challenge on Saturday.

Jen said...

As a wise one has said to me before ;-) you can't get any fitter this close to an event. Rest up & get that calf in the best shape possible by the time the gun goes off.

Fingers crossed for you !

Ewen said...

I hope the calf holds out Ray - if it does, you have the base to run well.

Good luck!