Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Update

Thursday 27 & Friday 28th September
After the run on Wednesday I had a slight strain of the ligament behind the right knee so a few days rest was called for. However the expected sleep ins didn't occur. Even without an alarm I was still up at 5.00 am so I headed off to work early to catch up.
Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th
Resumed some light running which seemed okay although the strain is still present. Also did a lot of walking and I mean a lot in preparation for GNW.
Monday 1 October
I have a hilly course that I run that is a 7.5k loop and ran this twice : 41.30 & 40.30. Hills and GNW seem to go together. I think for GNW preparation I don't need leg speed or much more endurance but some strength on hills might come in handy. And so I will do these for the next few weeks as well as some longer running when the strain is better.
Tuesday 2 October
Ran the same course again in 38.30 and 39.30. The ligament strain is still presence and it restricts the running a bit. I am hoping that I will be able to 'run through' by reducing the speed of the session and the distance of the session.
With the strain the marathon on Sunday will require a rethink of the race plan. It will partly depend on how the recovery goes and making sure I do nothing stupid on the day for a short term result and put at risk getting to the start line at GNW. I think no matter what it will be very slow and steady.

No comments: