Thursday, October 13, 2005

Easy around the Bay

As the heading says easy around the Bay but the long course. Included the 5k challenge course as atime trial - not to run fast but to run slow. At FF marathon on Saturday I want to aim for a 4 hour finish although I suspect it will be about 4.20/4.30. To finish in 4.00 hours I need about 5.40per k pace. Did the 5k in 25.52 which 5.12 pace so I will need to slow down more.

Felt very good no sorness or stiffness. Maybe because I have been wearing Skins at night to aid recovery. Not sure if the good feeling is from wearingthem but they certainly have not done any harm. Despite the marathon being on Saturday I expect to do the same run again on Friday but trying to get a feel for 5.30 pace.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

What a problem to have, trying to run slower!

Good luck with FF on the weekend Ray. Enjoy LL's cakes :-)