Thursday, October 20, 2005

Easy around Bay with steady 5k X 2

The legs are fine but the body feels very very fatigued. There is strength in the legs but just no zip in the body - no doubt the after affects of the two marathons. Today was overcast with just a slight drizzle around the Bay - in my view perfect weather for running.

It was a difficult plod today but I just focused on steady pacing and clicking over the ks with as little effort as possible.

Decided to to do 2 x 5k as I needed some mental strength if I am to get through Sunday. The pace was to be about 28 minutes per 5k which is as fast as I want or could go on Sunday. As usual then pace was way too fast 26.30 + 26.50 - not a pace I expect is remotely possible on Sunday but loaded down with a Camelback etc I am sure will slow the speed to a more acceptable pace
.

Saw the usual suspects doing Timbrell intervals but not even tempted.

1 comment:

Tesso said...

With a bit of luck the drizzley weather will continue on Sunday Ray.

Hope you have a great run.