Thursday, August 14, 2014

Preparation for Wagga marathon on the weekend

The answer is none, well really I have done very little running since the double weekend 10 days ago. I thought I needed some recovery time both physically and mentally. So I have only run easy a few times. I not really concerned as I think I needed to ease off for a short while and take whatever that means in regard to the loss of fitness if any.

Last year I ran this with a friend and we finished in 4.59. She is not with me this year and so I expect to be a little quicker although the marathon the following weekend at Mudgee is more of a focus. 

Also I have been a little distracted over the last 10 days or so with not good news about the cancer. Tests etc are still being done and some more definite news might be coming late next week when I have another appointment with the oncologist.

Next week I am about to start a major detox that should last 4 weeks. It is quite tough and is being done with guidance but I am not sure how it will affect my running and training. Not the best time to start but we have decided we should try now and if it becomes too much with training and running marathons we will suspend it for a month but I would prefer to start now and maybe just maybe I can get through and the marathons without too much slowing down.

No comments: