Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Back in 2013

First post for the new year.
 
Since my last post I have been running but not in the way of structured sessions with a focus on the combination of weekly sessions, and fitting them into a monthly cycle with peaking for a particular race. Usually by this time of the year I am well into a program to peak for the Canberra Marathon in April.
 
Clearly I need to work one up rather quickly.Maybe a short intense build up will do - rather in the circumstances it will have to do. However any program I have will be interrupted by the 2 marathons I have entered that are before Canberra. They, or at least the recovery from them will just be factored into the weekly sessions after them.
 
I thought some of my poorer results might have been the result of not incorporating more weights and core strength into the training I do. I now have those two types of sessions set into the week. No major but maybe as I am getting older they might assist instead of just running. The sessions might also assist with preventing some injuries.
 
I continue to have the Bay laps on Wednesday with JD and any others who might make an appearance. Timbrell speed sessions are on Monday with JD and Rach but I have not made any this year. BUT they should be included and hope to be there more often that not.
 
Saturday is Australia Day and for the second year in a row I will be running a marathon close to Brisbane. Last year the heat and humidity were brutal - so that have 5.00am start. No great expectations except last year I was just under 4 hours and hope and do not expect to do the same this year. Maybe closer to 4.15 +.

No comments: