Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday: so it was the usual lap of the Bay

I was out of the house when the cars still needed their headlights on. That meant I could take my time to the 6am meet time. So I was well aware of the heavy cloud and the gentle cool breeze coming from the south. An absolute perfect start to the day and the days session.
 
Today I was well warmed up and did not need to hurry so I was relaxed. The usual small talk and for a change a realistic guess at the pace. I thought a 4.45 per k pace for the 6.92k lap would be about the limit for me. JD agreed he was about in the same shape.
 
It was just a bit quicker for the first 3/4 ks but that is usual. Then JD just started to ease away maintaining the pace and I ever so slowly lost ground and slowed. My finish 32.17 for 4.40 pace so better than expected with JD about 30 seconds in front of me.
 
Still a little bit of work to do to get back down close to 30 minutes.

1 comment:

Samurai Running said...

All these year of reading your blog and the "Bay" remains a constant! Good to see, you are and amazing runner Eagle!