Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Week so far

Sunday
 
Day after the marathon - what else a sleep in and no thought of running but I felt okay. No real stiffness and the achilles while an issue were not as bad as the could. Be I wear prescription orthotics but these are some years old. They are firm in the heal that has been causing me some issues.
 
I now have an off the shelf pair from the US that have more cushioning in the heel. They seem to reduce the amount of achilles discomfort when running and the after affects.
 
Monday
 
I said to Rach and JD and would come down to Timbrill Park and restart the short fast sessions that they have been doing. The warm up was 9k WTF !!!! It is only 5k to the park and I was there when they went past so I joined them for another 2 out and back. By then I was not only warmed up but over done.
 
I thought I could only manage 3 x 1k @ 5 pace and so said I would just hang out the back .... and don't wait for me. BUT as is often the case what the mind thinks and the body can do is pushed are very different. Managed 4 x 1k @ about 4.20/4.10 pace. It was a slow trot home.
 
Tuesday
 
The rain overnight was wild as Sydney caught the tail end of the cyclone from QLD. I could have run in the rain but decided a rest was a wiser choice.
 
Wednesday
 
The usual with JD. Things are getting serious. No 'tyre kicking' about times at the moment. 'Lets beat last weeks time' was all that was said as we headed off and not much more was muttered or grunted on the lap. Clearly the Canberra focus is with us. JD was about a minute in front of last week and I ran 30.53 and about 1 minute 15 seconds quicker. Our promise as we parted, that we would continue the improvement but would expect less.
 
Feeling really positive. It helps when two major family law matters have resolved in the last week with a lot of work and pressure building up over the last few months. Despite running this morning it was a big morning in Court and thankfully it was resolved as it should have been months ago in favour of my client. They have been draining physically and mentally and no wonder this afternoon I feel less stressed.

No comments: