Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday

Yes I managed to get out for run this morning. I left at 6.00am and the sun was already up bringing to life a wonderful crisp, still early spring morning.

I felt I had more energy than yesterday and cruised for 10k including the Bay. Pace was not an issue but I did sneak a look and it was 6 minute k's. I am not sure I will be able to string 42 of them together at that pace on Sunday to keep up with Seris for a 3.55 or thereabouts. I need to do a lot of recovery in the next few days.

I though it would be an ugly hobble but it felt smooth although slow. There is no sorness from the weekend although that is not a sign I have in anyway recovered. The ankle I thought would be screaming in angony but there is no discomfort. Maybe that was the way to solve the issue with it - give it a 162k run !!!

1 comment:

Dan said...

Nice work Ray, good to see the regular posts again. Like you i'm feeling pretty good this week, been for a few runs, and a few more planned for the weekend. Won't be joining you on the Sydney marathon though, my sensible head is taking over this weekend. Enjoy the race and I hope it all goes well. Dan