Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Wednesday 15 July: Aerobic


I missed a few entries and I will just leave them out including I did not run yesterday. I will also now leave out most of the instructions that are repeated daily as being not necessary for these entries. What should be here is the very basic instructions and what I do on following those instructions. 

With the wave Covid is going my focus marathon at Sydney on the 20 September has not been cancelled but that  is a possibility. However I am training as if that marathon will be run. 

I took some time yesterday to look at the full program that soon will move into some other stages other than Aerobic running although those sessions will continue. As well the pace of the sessions starts to become quicker for the Aerobic runs. As I got to the taper and then goal race day I was stunned to see that the time was a 3.40 marathon. !!!! That is 5.13 per k pace and no session in the program has yet got even close to that let alone for the marathon distance . It says it on paper but in reality I do not think it will occur. That should not be interpreted as being negative. It is just a huge improved from the suggested pace today of 6.11 and getting down to 5.13.

I am not saying it cannot happened but some amazing magic must be done in the next 9 weeks. AND  I am cutting the program short by 3 weeks that will certainly make a difference. 

Name: Aerobic Run
Description: Lydiard Phase: Aerobic Conditioning
Workout Priority: 3
Heart Rate Min/Max: 113 - 130

Run 1:37:00 at 6:11 /km pace. You should complete about 15.6 kilometers.

If you want to adjust your workout, use the following distance, duration and pace guidelines:

Distance range: 12.2 km - 18.2 km
Duration range: 1:23:00 - 1:48:00
Pace range: 6:45 /km - 5:52 /km
Planned Distance: 15.60 km  Planned Time: 1:37:00 @ 6.11

Actual 17.21 @ 5.45 in 1.39.04
AHR 131 MHR 146
86% in the 124 - 143 range
Pace quicker than the quickest suggested. HR mostly outside the range as too high. I am not sure if both those mean I am training too hard and fast at the moment. I suspect so. Will that have a negative affect as I move through the session to the focus marathon? I hope not. I hope it just makes up for the few weeks that will be dropped from the program. 
 

No comments: