Sunday, July 26, 2020

Monday 27 July: Recovery


Monday by the program. 

Name: Aerobic Run
Description: Lydiard Phase: Aerobic Conditioning
Workout Priority: 6
Heart Rate Min/Max: 113 - 130

Run 57:00 at 6:02 /km pace. You should complete about 9.4 kilometers.

If you want to adjust your workout, use the following distance, duration and pace guidelines:

Distance range: 7.2 km - 11.1 km
Duration range: 48:00 - 1:04:00
Pace range: 6:34 /km - 5:43 /km

Workout Goal: Aerobic Endurance/Recovery
Planned Distance: 9.40 km  Planned Time: 57:00 @ 6.02

Plan

Priority 6 so the second least important session for the week.It is about an easy run (? with the pace between 6.34 - 5.43) 5.43 might not be easy recovery pace but the distance is short. The heavy rain might mean the run does not happen. I will not be concerned if that is the case because it is priority 6.

If I run it will be a lap of the extended Bay run of 8.6k only at 5.40 if the legs on a recovery day will go that quick. or I could be in bed warm, dry and reading.

What happened?

I was out of the house about 5.30am and it was dry. But soon after some light drizzle started that was off and one but nothing to be concerned about and really quite pleasant with the temperature a balmy 13 degrees. The plan was easy to write but as I was at the start getting mentally prepared I know this would not be easy although it was only a short distance the intensity would be high following on from a firm 25k yesterday.

I was at the start and so there was noting further to do but to commence and begin to embrace the high level of pain for the next 8.6k. I just ran as firm as I could but always holding back a little knowing I needed to remain even paced as much as I could.

8.6k @ 5.44 Done !!!


 Taken on the recovery lap run very slow and walked at times.
Intersection at West City Link and Timbrill Park 

No comments: