Friday, June 14, 2019

Friday 14 June 2019 Update



It was a beautiful crisp morning at the Bay. Just the hint of a breeze. Decided I might set down some times for for favourite runs and distances and I approach the last few days of my 60's. A lap of the Bay was an obvious choice - I haven't been under 40 or a 6 weeks or so but then again I have not run one flat out in that time either.


A k or so warm up and as is usually the case the 7.30k pace seems too fast to sustain but ..... it is warm up mode and body and mind are in that mode.



Warm up complete and a few deep breaths and I was away. Too dark to be able to see the pace other than a glance every now and then as I passed into the light of a distant light pole. But it would not have made much difference as I could not have gone quicker anyway.



I am pleased with 38.20 @ 5.32 pace. There is more pace to be gained over the next few weeks but it does put a mark in the sand for the last to go with my 5k of 26.15 earlier in the week. 


Marathon Saturday 

A track marathon among other distances with the Sri Chimnoy people at Blacktown It will be my 4th n 4 weeks and the aging body does not recover from that sequence as well as it did in the past. So 101 or so laps is not my preferred way to complete 42.195 but it is what it is. Others can run for days around track and seem okay. 

It is also unusual to be starting at 11.00 am. A little challenge in itself. 

No time being pushed for but just under 5 hours will be fine to keep the 4.xx times going.

No comments: