Monday, June 10, 2019

09.06.19 South West Rocks Marathon: 4.37.07

My wife and I drove to South West Rocks (on the coast from Kempsey NSW) on Saturday afternoon. It is an easy and comfortable 5 hours north of Sydney and an express way after getting past Hornsby.

This is the 14th time I have run this event. This year there was a new course of 2 out and back laps. I did enjoy the old course of an out and back along the river but issues with running a long a country road that was not closed to traffic has caused the change so that only one dead end public road was involved. The surface varied from concrete paths, grass and road and all things in-between but it is what it is. No complaints.

There was light rain as we drove into the region and the forecast was it would clear during the night. That happened and it was a perfect morning to run a marathon or just be out and what the beautiful sunrise overt he water. No wind at the start and just some scattered clouds for a short time. Then the clouds disappeared and it got warm but not enough the have a significant affect on running. 

I finished in a time that I was happy with in the circumstances. This was my 3rd in 3 weeks and 5th in 6 weeks. The old body does not recover as quick or as well as it did in the past.With disasters in Newcastle and Canberra with 5.59 and 5.23 respectively I am pleased to be back under 5 hours in the last 4.

Another marathon on Saturday on the track at Blacktown then a weeks rest before a hectic July/August.



No comments: