Monday, June 20, 2011

Yeah: Back in Sydney back running the Bay

Back in Sydney yesterday morning and back running the Bay this morning.

Thankfully I am once again running injury free. On the 20 May I strained the left hammy and one month later it is pain free running. Well it was 15k this morning with not a hint of an issue. I ran 4 days in Singapore and then took 5 days off. I was hoping that the rest would result in the pain free running as the runs in Singapore were not quite pain free.

How nice is life when a simple thing like running in the crisp pre dawn with no injury causes such joy.

This morning was not about speed but about testing to see if it had fully recovered. The time was just under 85 minutes @ 5.51 and just before the injury it was just on 70 minutes @ 4.53.

With just 12 days to the marathon I have not much time to prepare. But then again I managed a good time running the second week in a row with a not fully fit hammy. The preparation will be just steady runs of between 15 & 21k and see what that produces. I suspect between 3.45 - 3.50. Not what I was expecting to run a few months ago but I will be running injury free so that will be a nice way to start the marathon.

2 comments:

Johnny Dark said...

Very pleased to hear that nagging hammy problem is no longer an issue. Look forward to resuming our Wednesday morning runs on the 29th.

JD

Ewen said...

Good to hear you're running pain free again Ray. GC should be a good one to enjoy (run away from the 3:45 pacers in the 2nd half).