Saturday, June 18, 2011

Singapore

The last day of 8 days in Singapore.

The first few days were spent at a conference on Sentosa Island. It was pleasant although the early morning running was very difficult with the humidity. Also it is not daylight here until about 6.45 am so very early running was not easy. I did manage to run for 4 straight days along the path next to the water.

The conference then ended and we moved into Singapore itself. It is much more difficult to run in a city that is very busy with traffic and not really runner friendly - as is the case with most cities in the business/commercial area. So I did not attempt it. Used the gym and pool and decided to not stress about not running.

I considered I have enough time for that at other times and I should just enjoy the rest and the holiday.

I will be back in Sydney early Sunday morning and then life returns to normal as regards all aspects of life. I have taken it relatively easing after the last marathon and so hopefully that means the hammy is well on the way to full recovery.

1 comment:

TokyoRacer said...

The place to run in Singapore is the MacRitchie Reservoir area (long trails through the woods). A number of my former Tokyo clubmates are in a club that runs there every morning. Let me know the next time you go to Singapore.